It was great fun to watch the Made in Africa Arise Show at NYFW live from my computer. Job well done to Arise Magazine for making this possible.
Hope you have enjoyed the designers featured. We are finishing off with Jewel by Lisa. The first brand/designer to embellish the ankara fabric (printed) with sequins, swarovski crystals and beads.
Her use of colors, print on prints and textures were brilliantly executed.
The traditional Nigerian hats were genius, so kudos to the JBL team for coming up with this creative idea.
My favorite pieces in this set of pictures are.. The jumpsuit (1st row-3rd pic), the maxi dress (2nd row-4th pic), the maxi skirt (3rd row-3rd pic) and the entire outfit in (4th row-2nd pic).
You can always count on JBL for chic prints, though. No one does it quite like them. Enjoy the pics below and click on it for a larger view. xx
- Frida + 70s Pleated Maxi Dress (stylepantry.com)
- A White & Glitter Affair (stylepantry.com)
- Gucci Spring Summer 2012 (stylepantry.com)
- Day 6: MBFW Spring 2012 Collections [Videos] (stylepantry.com)
- Day 5: MBFW Spring 2012 Collections [Videos] (stylepantry.com)